About Acton District High School
The following are excerpts from the Acton High Alumni Page...
The concept of a high school in Acton can be traced back as far as 1927 when an old stone building on what is now School Lane near Robert Little Public School served as a continuation school and high school. A rapid increase in school population saw a new building open as the high school on Acton Boulevard in 1954. This is now McKenzie-Smith Bennett School. Various additions were made to the school in 1955, 1959 and 1972.
The present high school, on 21 Cedar Road, was officially opened on November 29, 1977 and the former building on Acton Boulevard became a middle school now amalgamated with M.Z. Bennett.
For a more concise history, read John Brooks' account of Acton High School. The basis of his article comes from many primary sources including: interviews, blueprints and yearbooks.