Six Steps to Improve Your Child's Success in School
The People for Education have shared the six secrets to helping your child succeed in school. The steps can lead to improved attendance, student engagement, more positive relationships between parents and teachers and increase overall student success.
1) Let your child know that you think it is important that he or she does well in school.
2) Talk to your kids about school.
3) Read to your child when they're young (and even older).
4) Go to concerts, sports and other school events.
5) Read your child's report card.
6) Go to parent-teacher interviews.
Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) www.halton.ca Dial 311 or 905-825-6000
A new oral health program for children and teens 17 years and under who do not have access to any form of dental coverage and who live in a low income household.
Halton Parents / Children's Health Information Line www.halton.ca Dial 311 or 905-825-6000
R.O.C.K Halton- Reach Out Centre for Kids http://www.rockonline.ca/
Kids Help Phone www.kidshelpphone.ca 1-800-668-6868
Developmental Assets for Children http://www.search-institute.org/developmental-assets/lists
Eat Right Ontario http://www.eatrightontario.ca
People for Education http://www.peopleforeducation.com/ Parent Support Line: 1-888-534-3944
Our Kids Network www.ourkidsnetwork.ca