Library Learning Commons
Welcome to the Acton High Library Learning Commons!
Find us on Twitter for the latest updates on books and news at the library @BEARCATSREAD, check it out!
- Acton High Library Catalogue (search 24/7 from wherever you are!)
- Fiction Books Books
- Non-Fiction Books
- Graphic Novels and Manga
- French Language Books
- Magazines (English and French Language)
- Reference Materials
eBOOKS AND eRESOURCES
- eBooks and Audiobooks (use HDSB school email/password to access)
- Information Databases
- Books, Music & Videos
- French Language Resources User Guide
- Tips & Tutorials (Helpful brochures, user guides and online tutorials)
- HDSB Library Services (Home page/Highlights)
- Computer Lab
- Laptop Computers
- Kobo eReaders
- Digital Cameras
- Silent Reading Room
- Portable Speakers and DVD Players
- Whiteboard and LCD Projector
- Tech Charging Station for Students
- White Pine Reading Club - www.accessola.org
- Library Student Volunteer Club – Volunteer to earn community service hours
[Navigate and access all available resources for students from here]
[*Search for books *Renew books from home *Check overdues]
[*Can't find a resource you need, try searching all HDSB school libraries]
Halton Hills Public Library [For additional resources and research materials]
HOURS: 8:00 am -4:00 pm
COMPUTER LAB: Computers are open to all students for school use and are bookable for classes. iPads and Chromebooks can also be signed out for student use in the library as available.
READING ROOM: Open to all students for silent reading and quiet study outside of class.
COLLECTION: Acton High holds a collection of over 10,000 non-fiction and fiction titles, including eBooks, audiobooks and a substantial collection of French language materials. We also subscribe to a wide variety of French and English magazines of high interest to young adults.